This is a great post. Please pop over and see what else Chris McMullen has posted.
It’s amazing how much anxiety authors tend to experience:
- Trying to reach daily writing goals.
- Wondering if the book will ever get finished.
- Hoping that people like it.
- Doubting whether it will sell.
- Learning how to format.
- The frustrations of the publishing process itself.
- Searching for professional help.
- Monitoring sales reports.
- Waiting for reviews.
- Receiving critical feedback.
- The scary world of marketing.
- Deadlines (often self-imposed).
(So you want to be an author, huh?)
Authors can manage this anxiety.
One trick is to not let yourself get frustrated over things that are beyond your control. You just have to let those things go. First you have to realize that you just can’t do anything about them. The only thing you can do is get upset, and that doesn’t help at all.
You can’t control what other people say or do.
(No doubt, if you could, that universe would be incredibly…
View original post 448 more words