I have just finished reading through Project Apollo and what started as ‘edit then finish’ draft has turned into a draft where I’ve found lots of plot holes and multiple character issues.
This has been a massive slap in the face for me if I’m honest. I had not realised how much needed to be done on it. More planning is needed. Project Phoenix which is our only completed novel, will never see the light of day in its current format, but one of the reasons it’s finished is because we had character names written down and a pretty simple plot. Here I have found two different characters in one job! There is no real thought in our antagonists story arc, nor is there much in our protagonists either.
The story is good, but needs a little more thought put into it.
We need to up our game, a lot!