My plan for today was to get stuck into making the changes I’ve made when red-penning to Earth, After Liberation. I’d figured if I did ten pages a day I’ll be done in about two weeks, but I’d hoped for a good start today. It didn’t work out like that. As I started to look through the first page I realised I had a story, but it had no structure, I didn’t even have chapters!
So, instead of making the edit notes I’ve spent a fair part of the day figuring out where to put a chapter break, and making the odd edit here and there. Once I’ve finished putting this into some sort of structure I’ll print it all off and red-pen it all again. I’ve also got to go and do some location scouting, all of which is near me and within a forty minute drive. The story is well planted in my head though so aside from one big change in the story, which is more of a location change then a story change, theres not a whole lot I have to do. I’m confident of the story and although I may add some content here and there I’m not going to change the direction much. One area I will be focussing on will be some scenes where I feel I’ve been lazy and explained briefly events instead of showing them. I’m only about ten thousand words into working out the structure and I can see I’ve done it far too much already.
I’d like to say I’ll have the structuring done this coming week but I’m not setting a hard target with that. I’ve got The Residents and Project Apollo jumping about my head as well so they may demand attention.
Speaking of The Residents; I spent most of last night working through the timeline of events from the bullet points I wrote down recently and found more then a few holes but I’ve found it helped out quite a lot.
Last week I also had my first bit of feedback from Beta readers on my Vampire collection 🙂
I know these last two items weren’t related to Earth, After Liberation but I forgot to put them in last nights post 😛