Good morning everyone, I know it’s been a while since I’ve written a post so I wanted to come on and give you all an update on what’s been happening.
The biggest thing has been an increased workload at my day job, which is great because it means we’re busy. On the down side it tires me out that bit more and that has had a negative effect on writing. That means we’re not going to hit the June 1st deadline, and I don’t think we’ll hit the July 1st one either. I’d love to say I’m going to get 1300 words written a day and hit the target but I’m not overly optimistic at the moment.
The story is going better then I thought it was. I’ve had this week as leave and coming into the week I had a few reservations about the story and where it was going, but now I’ve been able to work with a relatively rested mind I’ve found that the story is actually moving along nicely. There is work that needs doing but that will be fixed in the editing phase.
We are now at 30,000 words on this Project Apollo rewrite, which is about a third of the way through the story if we go by the 90,000 word target. That’s a soft target, it could end up a higher or a lower word count than that.
Looking back at April I managed to get 21,595 words written and so far this month I’m at 10,172. If I can have double that at the end of the month I’ll be very pleased as I think 1000 words a day is unrealistic at the moment.
That’s where I’m going to leave you now, I’m probably going to spend the rest of the day relaxing and doing some tidying up etc.