I’ve had a productive day, just over a 1000 words on the fan fiction piece that I managed to delete 10,000 words on a couple of months ago. This story has been knocking about inside of my head for a week or two now and it feels like time to get cracking on it again.
I’ve started making notes for the second draft of the zombie story as well. I’m seeing the story a lot differently now, it’s like I’ve got a new perspective on it and I can see where I’ve stumbled. I thought I’d done quite a thorough outline but looking on the finished draft I can see that I didn’t, and I missed out on some really basic elements that are required to make it work all the better.
I spoke on Sunday about an unexpected complication and how it’s meant I’ve had to remap my plans for the rest of this year at least. That complication was spun on its head on Sunday just a few hours after I’d blogged about it, and the consequences might not be as drastic as I was fearing them to be. But it’s opened my eyes and I’ve got to decide how I’m going to move forward over the next few months. I know I’m still being vague and I apologise for that, but its not something I can go into detail on I’m afraid.
At the moment my plan is to try and finish this fan fiction piece and then get the second draft of the zombie story done. I am outlining two other stories as well, one is a rewrite while the other is for an idea I had a while back that I’m really excited about.
I think the next six months are going to be important for me. A lot could change and I’ve got to make sure I’m making the right decisions moving forward.
Oh, just quickly, last months word count total was 14326 words.