I’ve got a lot of projects that are kind of half done or will need a lot of editing or rewriting, and a few more which are in early stages. Here is a list of what I’ve got going on. This is listed in random order and is more of a demonstration of what I’ve got in the air at the moment. I won’t be putting story titles as many haven’t got them so will place holders, and with collaborations I’m going to leave a name out as it’s early days with that one.
- PE3: This is the priority at that moment. I’m almost done with the rewriting/editing part and I’m getting near the stage where I’ll be writing fresh material and will be bringing it to an ending. I would like to have this one down by the end of October.
- TPP: This is a short story that I’ve written, edited and have today (26-9-18) received beta notes back on. So I’ll be aiming to have this one done by the end of the month.
- WC: I was going to write this one for NaNoWriMo this year, but I’m not ready to. Both in the sense I’ve got to get a lot more planning done but also I don’t think I’m there as a writer yet. I don’t feel I’ve got the chops for it yet.
- Vampire novel: This one is going to be a big project for early next year. Some of it will be rewritten from a 1st person point of view to being in the 3rd person. I’m also going to change a few details and adjust characters and do a number of changes. This was also going to to be something I was going to do for NaNo, but when I was going to rewrite it. But I’ve decided not to rewrite it and just do this massive edit instead.
- AEX: This one I’ve written a couple of scenes and done a little research and I’m really loving it, but I’m having to stop myself working on it as I don’t want to get pulled into another story while I’ve got so many others to wrap up, but I think this will be one that may get bumped up.
- SKC: This one is going to be a very big project for me. It’s ambitious and something I really do not feel I’ve got the writing chops for yet. It will take a lot of research into some very dark places but it’s a story that I think if I plan, research and get my head into properly could be a standout novel for me. I am planning on writing a prequel short story to it as part of NaNoWriMo which will be a much more intimate story in one location most liekly.
- Collaborations With Owen: These are on hiatus. I think Owen has moved away from writing. This is fair enough, and I fully respect his decision. I might look to do something with these properties in the future (with Owen’s full consent and done so legally, I’m not going to screw a friend over), but as of this moment I think there won’t be any movement on these for the foreseeable future.
- Collaborations with Chrystalyn: These are also on hiatus. Chrystalyn hasn’t been in a position to write for a while, but hopefully that will change in the near future. We are still shooting ideas at each other and hopefully sooner than later we’ll get moving on them.
- BBH: This is a collaboration with a new writer I’ve recently met that I’m not going to say much about. We’re in the early stages of brainstorming, although it’s on the back burner at the moment while we both work on over avenues.
- MyGP: This is a short story that I wrote that I am planning on expanding into a bigger universe. I’ve got an idea of how but It’s not going to be worked on for a while outside of notes and planning.
- NaNoWriMo 2018: This will essentially be a short story collection, with the odd one stretching into novella length territory. With a few novel ideas in mind but none nearly close to being where I want to work on them. I thought this might be the best course of action. If I get stuck on one then I can move onto another, and if one catches fire I’ll just run with it. I like this idea as it means I can be more flexible with what I’m working on.
- WW2: This is a story set in the second world war, that I am not remotely ready to write. I need to do a lot of research before I can begin and is another story that I don’t feel like I have the ability to do yet.
Well, that’s it. Those are all the pieces I’m thinking about, if not working on directly. With a couple, namely the collaborations with Chrystalyn and Owen there are multiple pieces that I’ve put under one umbrella because otherwise this list would be three times the length.
In the near future I am going to sit down and figure out a schedule for all of these.