Good evening. I have written 295 on the vampire book and 388 on the other project I’m working on. This evening, despite not feeling all that well I made my final edits on about 12,000 words on the zombie novella. I did that in about forty minutes, minus a brief cake break. I popped my earphones on, put Paul Leonard-Morgan’s score from the movie Dredd on and flipped my hood on and cracked on.
This last edit pass is the alterations from when I read the last draft out loud. I got worried at one point as I went through a number of pages back to back and thought I’d not finished the read through, until I found that red ink. As I was passing these pages without red on them I worried about how much I may have missed but I need to trust myself.
The next stage is for my beta readers to have a look and they are people I do trust. The next project that’s going to be edited is CS1. That’s at the first stage, which is a digital edit, although I’m tempted to read it and then edit it. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at it and I’d like a reminder of how it reads before I start editing.
I am calling it a night. I really am felling a little unwell and my bed is calling me.