Howdy, folks! How are we all doing today?
I’ve lost track with what I’ve said here as in project updates because I haven’t blogged for a few days so I’m just going to go for a general update.
This edit of Black Blood is done! I think I edited about 65000 words in at most fourteen days. Is the story done? Nope, nope, and nope. It needs a lot more polish but I’m getting a feel for it now more than I’ve ever had.
I’ve had the zombie book back from the editor, and yeah it needs a lot of work. Because of this I am not going to have it out soon, like in the next month or two as I originally planned. I suppose I might do, but I’m not going to make a commitment on it.
A big lesson I’ve learned from this to not get the artwork commissioned until the story is done. My fantastic artist has given me a proof of the 99% done cover and it is the fucking bee knees! Thankfully he’s cool and said not to worry about it but next book I look to self-publish I’ll be getting the artwork commissioned when the book is 99% done.
A story I’ve written with the intention of submitting to an anthology is with my Beta readers and I’m looking forward to getting those notes back and see where I’ve made booboos.
I have been feeling a little creatively spent these last few days. So I’m not sure I’m going to have many new words written for a week or two but lots of editing and filling of the creative tank.
Right, I need to get into work shortly so I’m going to wrap it up here. I hope you all have fantastic weekends and keep shooting for those stars!