Good morning folks! Yesterday I wrote 764 words on a new short story, that I’m going to scrap and start again. I’m not liking the format of the story and I need to add something to it which I think will make it work better and be a little easier to write.
This is a good time to make this decision because the story is only 1319 words long and I can easily sacrifice that many words to make the story stronger. If I had been further along I think I would have been reluctant to do so.
Where I’m standing on projects at the moment seem good. I’m behind on edits(busy at work), but thats worked out quite well because I’ve been thinking about the zombie book for example and how I can improve it. I think it’s doable with small tweaks here and there. I’ve got a paper copy here that I’m going to go through and red pen the tweaks in.
The August stats are: 14641 words written, which is an average of 472 per day. 55323 words edited, which averages out to 1784 words per day. I’d like to get the average words written up over 500, as for words edited I’m not sure what’s a good target to hit on that yet. So I’m going to take the average for the next few months and see how that works out.